- 2 cans M’Lord pitted Bing cherries, drained
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agar-agar powder
- For the crust:
- 240gr (2 cups) oatmeal
- 120 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 160 g (2/3 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line the mold with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the cherries, banana, vanilla extract and agar-agar in a blender bowl and blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Heat over high heat and when the mixture is boiling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly with the whisk (make sure the mixture doesn’t overflow). Let it cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the crust with your hands until you have a sandy texture.
- Pour half of the crust mixture in the mold and press it firmly with the back of a spoon. Pour the cherry mixture over. Cover with the rest of the crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.