- Spread lychees on a platter and freeze for at least six hours or preferably overnight.
- In a small pot heat the lime juice and sugar over low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Refrigerate.
- Place the frozen lychees in a food processor and pulse until reduced to a fine consistency.
- Add the refrigerated syrup and pulse until the granita is smooth or until it has the desired consistency.
- Serve garnished with fresh mint or lemon balm.
Honey (75 ml) can be substituted for the sugar.