- In a bowl filled with water, soak the rice for at least 4 hours.
- In a double boiler, place the banana leaves.
- Oil the banana leaves. Drain the rice, then place it on the leaves.
- Place the bain-marie in a pot of bubbling water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a medium pot, combine the coconut cream with the sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the rice in a bowl. Cover with sweet cream and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with the mango slices.
Recipe by Geneviève Everell